Thirty-second session of the IOC Assembly
21 - 30 June 2023
Organizer & Staff
- Adopted decisions and resolutions
- Results of the IOC elections 2023
- Provisional Summary Report (all items)
- Record of Delegations' interventions (informational Annex)
- Final List of Participants (IOC/A-32/LP)
Documents published during the Session
- List of Participants: Third draft 28 June 2023 20.00 hrs (IOC/A-32/LP Draft3)
Friday 30 June
Thursday 29 June
- Draft Summary Report Part 1 (items 1, 2.1-2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.1, 3.3.2, 3.3.3, 3.4.1, 3.4.2, 3.4.3, 4.3, 4.4, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3)
Tuesday 27 June
- Revised List of Candidates for elections (IOC/A-32/NOM/WP4) | 27 June 2023 at 13.00 hrs CEST
Monday 26 June
Friday 23 June
List of Candidates for Election (IOC/A-32/NOM/WP3) | 23 June 2023 at 18.00 hrs CEST
- Statement of the IOC Chairperson on the occasion of the 32nd Assembly
Thursday 22 June
- List of Candidates for Election (IOC/A-32/NOM/WP2) | 22 June 2023 at 18.00 hrs CEST
Wednesday 21 June
- List of Candidates for Election (IOC/A-32/NOM/WP1) | 21 June 2023
Tuesday 20 June
- Summary Report (IOC/EC-56/SR)
- Report of the Chairperson of the IOC Intersessional Financial Advisory Group (2023) (IOC/A-32/6.2.Doc(2))
The Assembly session will be preceded by the 56th session of the Executive Council acting as the steering committee for the Assembly.
The core document for the Assembly is the Provisional Action Paper. The Action Paper provides the information necessary for effective participation in the discussion of the agenda items. This information includes: (i) identification of relevant documentation; (ii) identification, under each substantive agenda item, of the issue before the Assembly and the expected decision or draft resolution when available to date; (iii) background information (if the relevant background includes a separate document, it is issued as a working document). The session is paperless.
Register to the session!
The elections of the Officers of the Commission and the members of the Executive Council will take place during this session of the Assembly in accordance with the technical arrangements appended to the IOC Rules of Procedure. Candidatures must reach the IOC Secretariat at latest two working days before the day of the elections scheduled on Wednesday 28 June 2023. Find more information on the elections page.
In addition to the formal plenary discussion, an Ocean Science Day (OSD) is organised on 22 June to discuss current challenges in ocean science, potentially with a wider audience. The two main items of OSD will be a discussion of opportunities and challenges for adaptation and mitigation to ocean change, preceded by a session highlighting the existing contributions of IOC to the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, and a dialogue on the perspectives, benefits and challenges for future increased contributions by IOC programmes and regional subsidiary bodies to the Decade.
For more detail see below the official schedule of work and the dynamic schedule of meetings and side events (ckick on the event to see detail). You may also download here a portable calendar of IOC-32 Side Events.
Join the IOC / UNESCO Ocean Social Media Channels:
|IOC/INF-1315||Revised Guidelines for the Preparation and Consideration of Draft Resolutions||18/05/2022||
|IOC/INF-1315 Add.||Draft Resolution Submission Form (IOC)||18/05/2022||
|CL-2940||Invitation to the Thirty-second Session of the IOC Assembly, 21–30 June 2023 and Fifty-sixth Session of the IOC Executive Council, 20 June 2023, UNESCO HQ, Paris||03/04/2023||
|IOC/A-32/2.4.Inf.1||Template for submission of written records to the Assembly summary report||21/06/2023||