Natural Resource Management
Operational Support (technical)
Technical Advice & Consulting
Research Support Services
Coordination and management of development project: Hydraulic study aimed to the implementation of a monitoring and warning system for flood risk in the River Bocay.
Coordination and management of development project: Tsunami and seismic hazard, vulnerability and risk study in Barahona and San Pedro de Macoris (Dominican republic)
Coordination and management of development project: Study on hazard, vulnerability and risk of Tsunami in east-cost of Sicily.
Structural design of an Shopping center with the latest anti-earthquake regulations
Technical assistant in risk management to make the developing plan to San Salvador metropolitan sub-region
Coordination and management of Quick evaluation of the damage and vulnerability in the buildings of the European Union in Haiti, after the earthquake of the 12 January 2010
Coordination and management to build a refugee camp in Santo 17 (Croix des Bouquets, Haiti) after the earthquake of January 2010
Technical assistance in hydraulic drainage system
Coordination and management of Humanitarian aid from Jimaní (Dominican Republic)
Technical support at the mission “Mano Amiga”
Technical assistance to cluster of U. N. In Dominican Republic
Coordination between governmental Dominican Republic intervention and U N intervention.
Coordination and management of Program for Disaster Prevention and Preparedness in the Dominican Republic.
Main activity: Implementation of a hydro-meteorological risk monitoring and Early warning system, support to the Center for Emergency Operations, in order to improve its response capabilities in case of disasters.
Coordination and management of study on hazard, vulnerability and risk of the banks of the Platani and Caltagirone rivers (Sicily).
Design and management of the Project for the conditioning of the Continella river (Sicily)
Realization of PREDERES’ Phasing-Out Program
Coordination and management in the risk management component, of the strategic intervention line of PREDERES’ program. Responsible for the implementation of a telemetric monitoring and meteorological Early warning system, of a Wide range warning system, technical and operational civilian protection rooms.
Responsible for the implementation of a methodology for the insertion of the risk management in school curricula.
Responsible for the implementation of community risk management education and training methodology.
Coordination and management for the construction of a reflux channel for the Minissale river, in the Alcadia of Calatabiano (Sicily)
• coordination and management of development projects in environmental risk/disaster management
• Expert in seismic engineering, particularly in structural design with Euro code 8 and NTC-08
• Hydraulic engineering, with specialization in design and management of large hydraulic projects (dams, sewer line systems, etc.).
• Specialization in the study of seismic hazard and risk, mainly on activities pertaining emergency forecasting, prevention and planning (Identification of highest hydraulic/seismologic risk, identification of the level of structural vulnerability of the area, Definition of Early Warning systems, Methodologies for evacuation in case of an emergency).
• Extensive experience in projects financed by the European Commission, European Governments and Multinational Organizations; familiarity with existing procedures, policy development, the Sectorial Approach and Budget Support
• Extensive experience in project management, human resources, participatory planning, logical framework, tenders preparation, drawing up term of references, programs and projects evaluation.
• Extensive experience in projects that integrate the issues of integrated management of water resources, basin management, risk management, the introduction of prevention and risk mitigation.
• Extensive experience in project management, human resources, participatory planning, Logical Framework, Programs Evaluation and Projects.
• Extensive knowledge of administrative rules of the EC and grant contracts, supply and works according to PRAG guide.
• Solid experience primarily in the risk management field in order to infrastructures projects and territorial planning.
• Extensive knowledge of environmental issues and development issues in Latin America.
• Extensive experience in coaching and twinning mechanisms for the capacities development.