Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science
(Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science)
Praha 2 CZ-12843
Please login to view email.
The Faculty of Science was established in 1920 as the fifth faculty of Charles University. It currently has 29 departments, 3 museums and a large Botanical Garden where the Study Department and some students’ facilities are located.
Nowadays the faculty is academically and organizationally divided into four sections: biological, geographical, geological and chemical.
In addition to these sections the faculty has several specialists teaching and research centres, including interdisciplinary institutions such as the Institute for Environmental Studies. All parts of the faculty are active in both teaching and research.