Oct. 2011-Present DEPT. PHYSICS, National University of Costa Rica (UNA).
IOI (International Ocean Institute) and RONMAC (Sea Level Observation Network and Research in coastal hazards in Central America)
Position: Researcher in Coastal Oceanography and teaching the course "Coastal Processes and Geomorphology"
• Hazard, vulnerability and risk indexes related to rip currents and dangerous surf conditions, for all beaches of Costa Rica, by rip currents .
• Fieldwork: beach profiles and sediment sampling for granulometric analysis. GPS positioning of preventive signaling in beaches, beach morphodynamics and rip current mapping.
• GIS Project: digitalization and georeferencing beaches. Development of attribute tables.
• Conducting meetings and conferences in different areas and for different audiences on the rip currents risk.
• Teacher of the course "Coastal dynamics and geomorphology"
• GIS analysis for evacuation routes in case of tsunami.
Ago.2011-Present CIMAR (University of Costa Rica)
Research center in Marine Sciences and Limnology; attached to the Vice Presidency of Research of the UCR.
Position: Professor of Coastal Geomorphology
• Module taught: "Types of coastal areas: formation of coasts, bays and estuaries. Erosion, accretion and sediment dynamics " in the postgraduate course "Integrated management of tropical coastal areas-GIACT".
• Teaching Coastal Geomorphology: forms and processes applied aspects.
• Field trip with students.
Aug. 2011-Feb. 2012 CENTRAL SCHOOL OF GEOLOGY, UCR (Escuela Centroamericana de Geología, Universidad de Costa Rica)
Position: Professor of Geomorphology and Geology Fundamentals
• Theory and practice on the main aspects of geomorphology.
• Practical lessons basin analysis, photo-interpretation and geomorphological mapping.
• Field trips with students.