With the establishment of the OceanTeacher Global Academy (OTGA) network of Regional Training Centres (RTCs), the Trainers and other support staff from the RTC’s need to be trained on how to use the OceanTeacher Learning Platform and also how to use distance learning tools and techniques. The OTGA Train the Trainers aims at providing the RTCs staff with such competences. This is a hands-on workshop: participants will complete exercises on each topic to reinforce learning. An attendance certificate will be issued at the end of training.
Provide a practical overview on how to run a course under the OTGA project using the common Learning Management System.
After the OTGA Train the Trainers the participants will be able to:
• Develop and manage a training course using Moodle
• Make further training resources available using the Digital Library
• Upload and manage course participants using the Course management System
• Apply e-learning pedagogy best practices
• Use the online conferencing tools for synchronous interaction with other OTGA RTCs
• Record, edit and upload video resources and make them available online
• Organize a training course taking into account internationally accepted copyright law.
1. Introduction on the OTGA concept and RTCs network
2. Moodle Learning Management System
3. Digital Library
4. (e)-Learning Pedagogy concepts
5. Online conference tools
6. Video resources
7. Course Management System
8. Copyright Issues
Course contents available at http://classroom.oceanteacher.org/course/view.php?id=188
NOTE: course contents available for enrolled users only