The course will cover the following topics:
1. Retrieving data and metadata from of OBIS and WoRMS (web portal, web services, GIS)
2. Data Quality Control tools (OBIS Quality Control: LifeWatch QC tools and Name Matching Strategy)
3. Biogeographic and Biodiversity data and metadata standards
4. Retrieving data and metadata from AfrOBIS and AfReMAS: procedures, formats, upload data and metadata via AfrOBIS IPT
5. Open topics (based on needs assessment via application form)
Applications/nominations for participation in the training course should be emailed to Mika Odido (email@example.com) (USING THE ATTACHED APPLICATION FORM) not later than 25 January 2014.